API Authentication Procedure
API requests may require an access token assigned to registered users upon request. To acquire an API access token, please use the following steps:
- Register a user account here: https://api.naturalsciences.org/register.
- Login, navigate to the user profile (using the sidebar menu on the left), and click the Request an API Access Token button.
- An administrator will be notified and then evaluate the request. If approved, the requester will be assigned an access token.
- When the token is assigned, the requester will receive a notification with a link to their assigned token.
- Tokens are appended to all request urls using the get parameter, api_token (e.g., https://api.naturalsciences.org/api/v1/products?api_token=xxxxxxxxxx).
Policies and Guidelines
- For additional information regarding the usage of tokens, please see documentation provide by Swagger/Open API 3.0 available here.
- Before approving a request, the administrator may require additional information from the requester.